The Business IT Support Tech would be part of the business customer service group. The group as a whole is responsible for voice and data service trouble shooting and business customer service. The ultimate goal is to provide “White Glove” treatment to our business customer base. This position would rely on the ability to maintain a solid relationship with our business customer base and work with business owners and consultants to help manage business customer networks. This group would also be responsible for carrying out our outsourced IT service.
This position would be responsible for:
- Business customer service
- Business Network review and trouble shooting
- Voice and data services trouble shooting
- Network consulting both LAN and WAN
- Hardware recommendations, implementation and maintenance
- Networking skills in IP based networks
- Cisco router configuration and management
- Voice service offerings both TDM and IP based
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to be Professional while performing on site network installation and repair work
We request your initial contact be via e-mail. Please send cover letter/resume.
Candidates are expected to bring knowledge or expertise in several of the following areas with an eagerness to learn in other areas:
Desired skills & experience:
- College or University degree (or equivalent experience) in Computer Science or a related discipline.
- Strong desire to continue learning in areas of preferred competency .
- Solid understanding of object oriented programming concepts.
- Solid understanding of relational database design and querying concepts; familiarity with version control concepts.
- Knowledge of client/server application development.
- Knowledge of agile development methodologies.
- Knowledge of unit testing theory.
- Knowledge of Microsoft and Linux Operating Systems.
How you will spend your day:
Although the amount of time spent on one responsibility vs. another will vary depending on current project load, the estimated overall division of responsibilities for this position is as follows:
- Software Development (80%)
- New Development (50%) — Includes new internal tools, writing new reports and reporting tools, and features for the internet.
- Existing Software Maintenance (30%) —
- Systems Administration (20%)
Things you will do:
- Developing, testing, and maintaining web server, desktop and mobile business applications built on Microsoft technologies
- Software project design and planning, including assisting in the collection and documentation of user’s requirements, development of user stories, and estimates
- Preparing reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation and maintenance of software
- Designing, developing, and unit testing applications in accordance with established standards
- Migrating legacy applications (asp) to current Microsoft technologies. Developing, refining, and tuning integrations between applications
- Analyzing and resolving technical and application problems
- Interfacing with the business support team regarding business user issues involving Gorge.Net hosted services
- Assisting in the design and implementation of the systems infrastructure including:
- Broadsoft VoIP platform
- Web Hosting
- Assisting in the design and deployment of other technologies such as SharePoint in our Office 365 hosting environment
- SQL Server Administration
- Creating reports using SQL, PowerBI and supporting technologies