Software and Systems Engineer
Candidates are expected to bring knowledge or expertise in several of the following areas with an eagerness to learn in other areas:
Desired skills & experience:
- College or University degree (or equivalent experience) in Computer Science or a related discipline.
- Strong desire to continue learning in areas of preferred competency .
- Solid understanding of object oriented programming concepts.
- Solid understanding of relational database design and querying concepts; familiarity with version control concepts.
- Knowledge of client/server application development.
- Knowledge of agile development methodologies.
- Knowledge of unit testing theory.
- Knowledge of Microsoft and Linux Operating Systems.
How you will spend your day:
Although the amount of time spent on one responsibility vs. another will vary depending on current project load, the estimated overall division of responsibilities for this position is as follows:
- Software Development (80%)
- New Development (50%) — Includes new internal tools, writing new reports and reporting tools, and features for the internet.
- Existing Software Maintenance (30%) —
- Systems Administration (20%)
Things you will do:
- Developing, testing, and maintaining web server, desktop and mobile business applications built on Microsoft technologies
- Software project design and planning, including assisting in the collection and documentation of user’s requirements, development of user stories, and estimates
- Preparing reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation and maintenance of software
- Designing, developing, and unit testing applications in accordance with established standards
- Migrating legacy applications (asp) to current Microsoft technologies. Developing, refining, and tuning integrations between applications
- Analyzing and resolving technical and application problems
- Interfacing with the business support team regarding business user issues involving Gorge.Net hosted services
- Assisting in the design and implementation of the systems infrastructure including:
- Broadsoft VoIP platform
- Web Hosting
- Assisting in the design and deployment of other technologies such as SharePoint in our Office 365 hosting environment
- SQL Server Administration
- Creating reports using SQL, PowerBI and supporting technologies