Getting ready for your appointment
Gorge Networks is taking precautions to protect the safety of customers and employees during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Before the appointment
We recommend customers purchase and use a good surge protector (between $20- 50) to use with their internet equipment (this is not required but highly recommended). There is often not enough power sources to plug in all of the equipment or protect it from surges. It is often the power source that causes service to go down, and power cycling is required (that whole turn it off turn it back on game). The best way to protect the equipment and help ensure continuous service is to keep equipment plugged into a surge protector.
- You’ll receive a reminder call one day before the appointment.
- Please be sure someone over the age of 18 is on the premises and can communicate clearly with the technician.
- Residential Installs –
Installers are not allowed to enter any residence. Drilling holes for jumpers will be done either from the outside or by the customer, or we will run temporary jumpers through doors or windows. If we are not able to do an install without entering the house then we will reschedule for a later date or when it is safe to do so.
- Business installs –
Our technicians will complete required safety acknowledgements before entering the premises, which includes requiring acknowledgement of the following:
– No one in the premises has been diagnosed with COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
– No one in the premises has been, to the best of your knowledge, exposed to someone diagnosed with COVID-19 within the last 14 days
– To the best of your knowledge no one in the premises has been exposed to anyone with a fever in the last 3 days
– No one in the premises is experiencing fever, coughing or shortness of breath
– Everyone in the premises will follow CDC guidelines regarding social distancing by staying 6 feet away from the technician
- Construction –
Crews will continue working on expanding our facilities. They typically don’t interact with the public. Maintaining safe social distance is still required.
If you have any other questions please call us 541.386.8300 extension 300