Back to Careers page
Work with a communications company in the Northwest Paradise of Hood River Oregon. The winters can be cloudy but the clouds bring epic snow on the Mountains. The summers are an absolutely unrivaled. Our region is a haven for water sports and almost any other outdoor activity.
Candidates that we add to our team must be willing and excited to learn, we expect you to possess and acquire a large breadth of knowledge. Candidates must be able to self-manage projects, prioritize appropriately, and work with deadlines. Candidates need to be willing to challenge themselves personally and professionally. Candidates are expected to participate in an on-call rotation and, in turn, take advantage of some schedule flexibility to get out of the office and play. We have several openings as we pursue new network deployments, new product offerings, and regional growth. If you would like to be a part of our team and are willing to work hard and play hard, please contact us with a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line of Fiber Splicer.
The fiber splicer must have the ability to perform fiber optic splicing as well as understand engineering and splicing drawings. This person must possess strong project management skills, knowledge of constructions practices for Outside Plant cable management, and sufficient experience with computers to update drawings and fiber documentation. Some experience in telecommunications would be a plus.
- Ability to splice fiber optic cables, to include terminating various types of fiber optic connectors (SC, LC, ST).
- Work with Engineers and Field team to perform splicing as directed.
- Ability to work with standards and specifications for splice drawings and prepare drawings.
- Experience and knowledge using Fiber Optic Scope or a Fiber OTDR.
- Installation and dressing of fiber optic cables.
- Provide management with detailed reports of field activity.
- Maintain fiber asset inventory and splicing records.
- Manage multiple projects at one time.
- Communicate with Team Leader on workload status in order to meet designated goals.
- Maintain a positive attitude and strong work ethic that can provide high productivity with minimal supervision.
- Education and Experience
Must have 2+ years of splicing experience
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have excellent organizational skills and be detail oriented
- Ability to interact effectively with other team members.
- Excellent skill in Outlook, Excel and MS Word.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced and quickly changing work environment with strict deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently without supervision