Back to Careers page
Broadband Technician (Hood River)
The Broadband Service Technician will perform work both inside and outside of homes and businesses and is responsible for the installation, maintenance, testing, repair and customer experience of Gorge Networks Internet and Voice services. Gorge Networks offers coax, fiber, xDSL and fixed wireless internet to customers depending on geography and technology used in the customer region. The technician will be scheduled into an on call rotation.
The ideal candidate will possess the ability and drive to work well with others to achieve common goals and to foster a cooperative climate, as well as to work independently in the field with little supervision.
Valid driver’s license is required to operate company vehicle(s) and must be able to do so in a safe and responsible manner. Clean, maintain, stock, and secure assigned vehicle and equipment, in accordance with company policies.
Required abilities and knowledge:
- Ability to communicate with customers and co-workers effectively and professionally
- Ability to utilize test equipment and interpret test results for all workstreams
- Educating Customer in internet access
- Experience in telephone service (VOIP or Copper, as appropriate) preferred
- Experience with routers and home networking required
- Installations and repairs may include running or reusing COAX or CAT 5 wiring
- Knowledge of Installation of ONT and power supplies
- Knowledge of working with fiber and copper facilities
- Ability to identify assigned cable pairs
- Verification of service
- Working within attics or crawl spaces
- Ability to work outside in variety of weather conditions
- Ability to work at heights (roofs, towers ladders etc) safely
- Splicing of fiber drop connectors preferred
This position is challenging, and requires flexibility, problem solving and excellent follow through. You will be working with customers on a daily basis providing exceptional customer service. Our company has a great reputation in the community, and this is an opportunity to be part of an exceptional team. You will be involved in a wide variety of broadband technologies and services that go beyond any of our competitors.
We request your initial contact be via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send cover letter/resume. We will contact you within 2 weeks if we are interested in setting up a meeting. We will keep your application/resume on file for 6 months. Should an appropriate position become available during that time, you will be contacted.